As required pursuant to Indiana Executive Order 20-43, dated September 24, 2020.
Employee health screening process: Employee temperatures are checked daily as employees enter the workplace. Our written COVID-19 Interim Staffing Plan provides employees with clear and strict instructions regarding actions to be taken should they experience symptoms of COVID-19 or should they experience a close contact with someone know to have tested positive for COVID-19.
Customer health screening process: All patients and visitors must have their temperature checked when entering the building, and that temperature must be within normal ranges. All patients must answer a series of COVD-19 screening questions at every visit, and answers to those questions must be either negative or properly explained by other acceptable circumstances. Special days have been set aside on the schedule for patients who are routinely exposed to potential COVID-19 positive cases, such as health care workers. All of our screening processes and requirements are published in our social media, posted clearly on our outer door, and sent to patients with upcoming appointments by text message.
Enhanced cleaning protocols: In addition to our already stringent disinfecting protocols for dental operatories and equipment, we have set a schedule for increased disinfecting of high touch surfaces, such as lobby, check-in, check-out and restroom handles and counters. Sinks and hand sanitizing stations are available in all operatory rooms and in the hallway near check-out. Our professional cleaning team has been trained in COVID-19 disinfection.
Social distancing: Social distancing is being accomplished as follows:
- Our patient check-in process is being done by phone or text, to prevent multiple patients from congregating in our waiting area. Patients are only invited into the building when their private operatory room is ready. In the event that multiple patients enter the reception area, chairs are spaced more than 6 feet apart, and patients are directed where to sit or stand by the reception personnel.
- Check-out personnel are separated from patients by plexiglass to protect both parties.
- Because of the personal service nature of our business, social distancing is not possible during most of a patient’s appointment. Our clinical personnel follow American Dental Association and CDC guidelines for protection, wearing all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE). This includes hospital-grade masks, gloves, isolation gowns or jackets, eye goggles or face shields, and hair/head coverings.
- Patient flow is in a clockwise direction throughout the building, preventing patients from passing each other.
- All personnel (staff, patients and visitors) are required to wear face coverings when moving through the building. The requirement for a face covering is excused only when a patient as in the chair receiving dental services and when staff are working in their desk areas where social distancing can be accomplished. This is in accordance with Indiana Executive Order 20-37 dated July 27, 2020.
Ongoing efforts: Owners carefully and constantly monitor directives and guidance from the State of Indiana, the American Dental Association, and the CDC for updates and changes. Pertinent changes will be incorporated into this and all other COVID-19-related plans as appropriate.